Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Whine & Cheese

The title is just because we're going to a wine & cheese tasting, and I couldn't think of anything else to title this post.

Now for our next episode of "technology is pretty amazing".

I searched for my last name on facebook just for the hell of it and found a Mark Fermenich. So I sent him a quick friend invite with a note giving some of my genealogy and asking him if we're related. After some digging, it turns out we're 4th cousins! I mean, how often do you run into someone and figure out that they're your 4th cousin? Pretty nifty stuff.



Random thought: I need to stop using the "&" key so much and start typing the word "and" more.



So I fully intended for this blog to be a place for me to collect my political rantings and musings. But, as it turns out, as of late I haven't been able to work myself into enough of a lather to give enough of a damn to write about anything.

Is it because the political landscape is changing for the better? I don't know. Maybe it's because enough like minds have a voice out there now with blogs and webpages that I don't feel like I'm the only one who has this opinion and I must get that idea out there. Possibly driving an insight at 55MPH and living in Madison has mellowed me. I have been listening to a lot of James Taylor & Kenny Loggins lately.

One quick political blurb. I should expound on it more, but I'm not sure how to take it yet. On the McLaughlin Group over the weekend the moderator of the show said that Obama was an "Oreo". At this point I can't tell if McLaughlin really is calling Obama an "Oreo" or if he intended to phrase it that Jesse Jackson was saying Obama was an "Oreo", and McLaughlin was just saying it poorly.

Judge for yourself & let me know what you think:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home